Tuesday, November 21, 2006

American Music Awards

Tonight is the night for awards, performances and a tantrum from Kayne West. American music is being honored tonight, host Jimmy Kimmel will I hope be marginally funny. I think they were better off getting someone else, but I'll give him a try. Of course, I'll watch this show tonight with some trepidation; why you ask? Well because of the following:

Mariah will be naked, Jay and B will AGAIN for the 50-11th time perform together (I think, and pray not), B will roll around on the floor like a Swiffer. I won't understand a word those rock guys are saying, and Jimmy Kimmel is the host. Kayne is nominated but let's see what fly out the jaws of life if he doesn't win.

I would like to ask why in the name of all that's sacred is Keyshia Cole's nominated for anything but hoodrat of the year? I'm not a Beyonce fan, I like her but you won't see me acting a fool over her; but I'm vexed as to why she's not nominated but Keyshia Cole's is. I'm scratching my head off that one!

I would like the awards folk to adopt a few rules:

(1) If you're not there to accept your award, then you can't win. Except in cases of your baby's sick, you're sick or you had a death in the family. Just because you're working on your album or on tour, that's not an excuse.

(2) Only have the artist that is winning the award on stage! We don't need all of their relatives on stage giving shout outs. If you did not actually sing on the album, sit your ass in the audience and be happy you don't have to sit in the overflow room screaming like everyone else.

(3) Give the mic only to the ones who contributed to the record they are performing. I don't want to hear the hype man yelling over the rapper/singer who actually put work into the album and deserve his/her moment to shine.

(4) Stop giving them gift baskets, taxes or no taxes that shit ain't right. They make millions, give the money you would spend on gift baskets to charity or to a music in school program.

(5) Please go over the "thank yous" before they get on stage. Most of them haven't either graduated from high school or have a good grasp of the english language; and since my tv doesn't have subtitles for "what the hell did she just say?", please make sure it's legible and audiable before they talk.

These are just a few things, I wanted to point out. I'll be back tomorrow with a wrap up of the show. Happy Watching!

No comments: