Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Lack of Real Talent In Music!

I really have to consider who my friends are, because someone I thought was a friend sent me this YouTube link that's making me reconsider our friendship. She sent me Cassie's performance on 106 & Park, and I must say it was the worst display of talent I've seen since the coming of Ciara!

Please see for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPWhzYk4hc


I've been quiet about the state of the music today, because I'm considered an old head (I'm 30 to be) so what I say really wouldn't have any bearings on this crap they call music.

But after watching this performance, I was truly amazed at what these poor children are listening to. I guess if it's a good beat, then to hell with the vocals and that's a damn shame. This chick Cassie needs to do what she can really do, and that's look pretty. She maybe smart, but she wasn't smart enough to realize she has not a damn ounce of talent.

"Well she may have had stage fright" And before you justify that travesty of a performance with that lame ass excuse, let me tell you that EXCUSES ARE REASONS FOR FAILURE! That performance failed miserably. "Well, if you think you can do better, then sing" I'm too much of a realist to understand I wasn't blessed with the gift of singing joyful noises unto the masses. I know what my limitations are, and I do have folk around me to let me know in the event I lose my mind and try to get a record deal.

We won't even discuss what they are actually SINGING about, because that's for another blog. But when did having a pretty face and body constitute having talent? Granted you don't want a mud duck singing his affections toward you, however, I don't want to hear some obviously cute young lady subject herself to this kind of ridicule by murdering a hit!

Why won't these parents teach these kids what real talent is, let them listen to the music we grew up on. I was listening to MJ this morning singing, "You Wanna Be Startin' Something" and 23 years later, that song still rocks.

Yeah yeah, we come from a different generation and all that bullshit but to hear what I heard on YouTube isn't making this music sound better.

"If you don't like it turn it off" Well, fuck you very much Mr. Music Police! I can do whatever I want, and listen to whatever I want.

I do listen to some young people music, but I listen more now to the music I grew up on. I sing along and enjoy it, and I'm getting my boys to enjoy it. I know they like that shit that's on the radio now, but I want them to know music history before they take this poor excuse for entertainment seriously.

Cassie is better off on a runway, Ciara isn't Janet Jackson, and Beyonce is not and I repeat IS NOT TINA TURNER! B, has talent in a way but she's not TINA. She's Tina KNOWLES in about 10 more years, but not TINA TURNER!

Teach these kids about Chaka, Tina Marie, Tina Turner, Anita. . .the list goes on! The Whispers, damn how about Parliment? Cassie, ain't it! Puff need to stop lying to these heifas!

1 comment:

Aulelia said...

cassie is only there because she looks like a roc-a-wear model. looks like image can sell albums which is shocking...