Friday, August 18, 2006

My New Beauty Addiction!

Avin hipped me onto a product, I've heard about it for while but never tried it. It's called Carol's Daughter!

Now, I've never been a fan of "alternative" products with fruits and berries and shit like that, however, I decided to give it a try. Low and behold I like it, I like it! I haven't been able to use all the products yet, but what I've been able to use has made my hair look and feel the way I've wanted it to for as long as I can remember. It's moisturized without being too greasy, it's bouncy and light not heavy and a burden.

When I got my box, I was still wondering if I was going to like it. I saw you can't return the shit, so I prayed that I would like it. Carol's kid must have known that Glinda's daughter would return shit in a heartbeat if she doesn't like it. Not that I agree with the "No Return" policy, but hey; it's their business not mine.

I used Lisa's Elixir and Hair Balm on my hair and let me tell you; before CD, I would have to part my hair, grease the scalp and the hair then curl. The process would weigh my hair down and it was very time consuming. When I put the CD in my hair; a little bit of each in my hair (a little goes a long way, please believe that!) and I didn't have to add anything else, just curled my hair and it was done!

My hair was so soft and silky feeling, I loved it. You can put it in your hair every night (a little drop, and it doesn't matter if you skip a night) before you go to bed, it's not heavy and it doesn't weigh your hair down.

I never talk about any products, but this is a must. I don't think this is for everyone, but if you want my opinion. . .PLEASE TRY IT! You can get the smaller bottles to try before you spend money on the bigger bottles and don't like it.

I also bought some cleanser for my face. I went the Bella Sante spa in Boston and the esthetician told me my face was very dehydrated, so I went to Carol's Daughter and got some products to clean my face. I used Ylang-Ylang & Patchouli Gentle Face Wash to clean my face, to tone my face I used Rosemary and Chamomile toner; to moisturize it I used two drops of the Essential Serum. A little bit goes a long way with these products.

I have very sensitive skin, and when I rave about a product; it's pretty damn amazing. I never advertise any product, but because I've been having eczema flair ups like crazy lately, I decided to try it and so far this feels good on my skin and hair.

I have some shampoos and conditioners to use, so I'll probably blog about that when I have to wash my hair.

I really like it, and it's not for everyone so if you don't like it that's fine!

Thanks Avin for getting me hooked on something! You know your shit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH!! Another CD convert! I lover her stuff!! This is supposed to be Jada's hair secret! I heard she had been using the products while she was growing her hair out and she was so pleased with how well it kept her hair in good shape that she decided to invest int he company! So if it is good enough for her than it's good enough for me dammit.

DotSpot said...

she's invested and jay-z invested in the company. and if that's her real hair, i'm sold! i don't want it down my back, but longER is fine with me.