Monday, August 14, 2006

DOWNTOWN DETROIT!

I went to Michigan to see my girlfriends this weekend, and yes I flew. I was really scared to fly, but I'm always scared to fly. That's a totally different blog all together. So, let me get down to business.

I have a girlfriend in Cleveland and one in the suburbs of Detroit. To make this short, we picked up Cleveland and brought her back with us to the ‘burbs. Miss ‘Burbs, was invited to a 21st birthday party, and it was a club in downtown Detroit.

The three of us are standing in line and “Lil Ron and the Southside Boyz” showed up, and stood behind us in line. We were dressed very lady like, and then I hear “Umm, you have a nice ass.” Now, in any other situation, I would have gotten beside myself and really went off. However, this was downtown Detroit, Michigan, and I really wasn’t in the mood for a shootout.

His half way intelligent homeboy said to him, “You don’t tell her she has a nice ass, you tell her she has nice jeans.” It’s a shame when your friend has to tell you how to talk to a lady, granted he was no smarter, but at least he tried.

I was truly disgusted at the ignorance of the boys in that place. I understand it was a young club, but it was just way too much going on. I’ve never been so disrespected in a public outing, they didn’t touch me but still. Let me go on, it’s turning my breakfast just thinking about it.

So, I finally made it through the gauntlet of boys in that club to sit at the “party” table. This one guy, who was about as high as he was drunk comes to the table. He stands in front of me and say “I need you.” Yes, he actually came to a woman and said, “I need you.” What did you need me to do? Perform a breatalizer test on you? Did you need me to get you a cup so you can pee and we’ll all know what you’ve been smoking? What did you need me to do?

He asked me if he can call me, I said, “No.” This bama actually asked me why, now I have two boys. Granted he didn’t know that, so after he asked me “Why not?” I reverted back to my conversation with my baby boy just a few days ago, and replied the same way “Because I said so.” Just like my baby, he walked away upset. And just like the conversation with my baby boy, I didn’t care.

We couldn’t get out that place fast enough, I was pissed I couldn’t do the “Booty call”. We had more fun at Kickers, and that blog will be coming shortly.

Men, please teach these boys some respect for women. Please let them know that “You have a nice ass” is not a pick up line and neither is “I need you” Also, teach them that 301 is not the zip code for Washington, DC. Yes, I did lie about my age, and I don’t think you’ll read this because you don’t know how to type www!

4 comments:

Avin said...

Wow I see that all he winners were in that club. Why more women dont go to clubs in Detroit to find a husband is beyond me.

DotSpot said...

LMAO!!!! you know i'm too much for that foolishness. . .this is why i stay in the suburbs!

Anonymous said...

Goodness..."I need you." cmon now really. What in the blue hell.

DotSpot said...

you should have seen the "high/drunk" ashy look on his face! and trust, he wasn't attractive and he was probably three years older than Billy!