Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oprah and Gayle's Big Adventure

I've been watching and actually hooked on the Tuesday installments of O and G's quest across the country. It's been so funny to watch Miss Billion Dollar Oprah, sleep in hotels we wouldn't sleep in or would sleep in. She had no idea how us "real world" folk schlep it everyday.

In case you don't watch O, let me get you up to speed. O and her best pal Gayle decided to drive from her house in California to the Tony's in NYC. She wanted to see the country in a Chevrolet, and so it's O and Gayle in the car, with her staff and camera folk in mini vans behind her. She still gets her work outs in, even though she's eating everything that decadant she can get her hands on. Chris, her trainer, who is decadant himself and I want to get my hands on; is just vetoing all her "guilty food" requests, but she eats them anyway.

The first stop was Vegas, and they couldn't find the way to the hotel registration; for some reason they wanted to check in like us commoners. Oprah doesn't like to ride in the car with music, she likes to be with her thoughts. Umm, Oprah Gayle Winfrey, I love being with my thoughts too; and I often drive to work (40 minutes to and fro) with the radio off, however, I can not drive across the country with no music at all. My thoughts can take a break while I get my Jodeci on.

I have two close homey's in Maryland (I have good friends outside of Maryland and didn't want to exclude them) that love to sing. . .TERRIBLY, I might add. I think the reason me and a certain friend (she know who she is) hasn't taking that trip to Cleveland is because she threatened to belt out a Mariah Carey tune for the whole six hours. My other good girlfriend will actually call me at work, singing HORRIBLY!

Gayle is no Crystal Gayle, and she can't carry a tune in a bucket. Bless her heart, I'm a car singing too so I know how it is when that song gets to you and you're really feeling it. I know Oprah wasn't feeling it, and that made it so damn hilarious. To see them just "surprise" people, by just coming to their house to say, "Hi" is so funny. People just start screaming and carrying on.

I know they're the same folk that sit at home and say, "If I ever met Oprah, I wouldn't be jumping up and down screaming like a fool!" Well, needless to say, they reneged on that promise; they hollered like a church revival on a Thursday night. Honestly, I would do the same thing, just be better at playing it off. Okay, so I'm lying!

Could I go across the country with my friends in a car, for days on end? Possibly. Would I want to find out if I could? Not on your life! I love our friendship too much to do that to them. We couldn't make it passed Ohio without trying to put each other out! O and Gayle, I'm sure was tested on their journey; and their friendship I'm sure survived just fine. I, for one, don't have the patience to do something like that.

It's funny to watch them every Tuesday, like a 4pm sitcom. Thank goodness for TiVo! I'll try to update you next Wednesday what happens next.

2 comments:

Avin said...

I do not sing Terrible, and it will be more than one Mariah song, not just the one the whole trip. Sheesh some people!

DotSpot said...

LMAO!!!! the guilty has spoken!