Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fashion Mini War: Open toed shoes vs. Inclement Weather

I see it when it’s 40 degrees outside, I believe I saw it during the blizzard of ’96. Now, while we’re in the middle of our own little raining season, I still see them.

Yep, I’m talking about open toed shoes! Why do women wear them and it’s raining buckets of water outside? That’s about as idiotic as an active water fountain in a thunder storm! I see them during the winter for holiday parties, and now while we’re only day three into our seven day raining period (I think this how Seattle must feel) I see crusty, ashy toes.

I just want to know why!

Yes, I know you may say, “It’s 70 degrees outside.” Well, you’re correct it is 70 degrees outside, you win the prize for being smart about the weather! How come you’re not smart enough to know “open toes = wet toes”? Just because it’s hot outside, it’s still wet regardless.

To make it worst, you’re the same folk I see dodging puddles trying not to get your feet wet. Umm. . .you can’t do that today of all days, when dodging puddles is an impossible feat in and of itself.

And if you’re going to have your toes out, GET THEM DONE! Mai Fong can get them polished for you and get the crust off, or get some lotion and try to keep them less ashy! You wonder why your feet look like they’re going to crack and bleed! You have more scales on them than a fat man at a weight loss boot camp!

Jeez, why isn’t common sense, common? You can’t look cute in a pair of shoes that cover your feet up?!

I'm keeping it short, because I know I'll see some dumbass in the winter. Shivering like a scared wet cat, wondering why it's so cold outside! Stop rolling your eyes because I'm talking about you!

1 comment:

Avin said...

I dont know why you expect them to make sense. It doesnt work like that.