Monday, April 23, 2007

MY NIGHT AT THE DANCE RECITAL

My step-sister (who's the daughter of my dad's girlfriend for those who know me) had a dance recital tonight at her junior high school and I must say, I was so pissed and mad at myself for being sucked into going to this travesty of dance.

I would have rather had my tubes tied awake than to watch that shit! Yeah family support each other, but this recital was interrupting my 24 prep time. Yes, I prepare to watch 24! Anywho, why was that the most disorganized display of dance since the rump shaker!

Okay, so they were sixth graders but still I was expecting something more substantial. I'm not sure what they "practice" during the school day but dance wasn't it, that more like watching two whalelephants stomping around looking for the free jello.

The A-day team was so terrible it was un-real and I was way too pissed at the teacher for setting those kids up like that. They weren't either counting or prepared but I wasn't impressed at all. They were looking at each other to take cues and they were running into each other.

The B-day team was the team my step-sister was on and it was better but still needed more practice before they got in front of people to dance.

I believe the real reason why they were put on display like concubines for sale, was the fact that they needed money. However, the dumbass teacher failed to realize to ask for money the giver needs to see quality.

The teacher was so tacky mentioning over and over how much the shirts costs and that they were selling Chik-F-Fila. I was so pissed that she wouldn't let up with the shameless plug and that piss poor excuse for dance.

Even the "star" dancer was subpar to me. My godmother has been a dancer all my life and she teaches so I know quality when I see it and that had no quality behind it. Even the teacher had problems with some with the dance.

So enough of my lamenting about this travesty that I went to. Did I mention, I would have rather have had all four wisdom teeth pulled than to watch that shit?!

I mean what could be worse; they could have been pop, lock and dropping it.

No comments: